Call for submissions has finished for PALA2018. This page remains open for reference and future conferences only.
PALA 2018 Theme and guidelines
Twenty years of Processability Theory (PT): Looking at and beyond PT.
Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- L1-L2-L3 similarities and differences
- Bilingual and multilingual acquisition
- Learning and Teaching Heritage Languages
- Language Acquisition in Special Populations
- Cross-linguistic comparisons
- Pragmatics/syntax-interface in language development
- Role of PT in Learning, Teaching, Testing and Assessment PT
The topics of papers should be related to Processability Theory
Preparing your submission
Deadline for abstract submissions: 30th April, 2018
Notification of acceptance will be notified by the 31st May, 2018
Proposals for papers and posters may not have been previously published. Each author may submit no more than one individual and one co-authored abstract. All submissions will be reviewed anonymously and evaluated in terms of originality, clarity, and significance of findings and conclusions.
PAPERS will be 25 minute long (20 minutes for presentation, and 5 for discussion).
POSTERS will be allocated a space for display and a specified time for discussion.
Submissions for papers and posters should include the following:
- Title of the paper, and abstract of 300 words (excluding references and title),
- Name and affiliation of the author(s),
- First author’s postal and e-mail addresses,
- Type of presentation intended: please indicate whether your proposal is to be considered for a paper, a poster, or either.
To submit your paper
If your submission meets the above theme and guidelines and is ready for submission, click 'Submit Paper' below. You will be redirected to the submission system.
Fill in your details and attach the PDF for your submission at the bottom.
If you are having difficulties with your submission, see the question page to troubleshoot your problems.
To view the criteria for evaluating submissions, download the PDF here: